In 1969, the University Libraries started as a
College Library in Pasig Campus. By virtue of the Presidential Decree No. 1341 – A, Rizal Technological Colleges then was converted into a State College in 1978 and in October 1998, it was converted into a state university by Republic Act No. 8365.
Since then, the library has grown into eight (8) library units, namely the Graduate School Library, Laboratory High School Library and the Pasig Campus College Library. There are also Libraries from the different colleges namely: College of Engineering and Industrial Technology (CEIT), College of Business and Entrepreneurial Technology (CBET), College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), and College of Education (CED) and Institute of Physical Education (IPE). These libraries are the components of the University Library.